At-Home Health MOT safety information
Taking control of your health starts here
Thank you for choosing Numan. We salute your decision to take control of your health and wellbeing, and we will support you along every step of the way.
This Safety Information Page is intended to help you use your At-Home Health MOT safely and effectively. Please read it carefully, along with the instruction sheet included with your At-Home Health MOT.
Before you use the At-Home Health MOT
You should set aside around 20 minutes to complete the whole process, especially if it’s your first time taking a blood sample at home. It’s also important to stay well hydrated before taking the test to avoid any fainting or dizziness.
How to use the At-Home Health MOT
- First, check that you’ve received the components listed on the back of your At-Home Health MOT instruction sheet (provided with your At-Home Health MOT).
- Complete the form and vial labels provided. These must be returned with the blood sample in the return pre-paid postage envelope.
- Remove the blood collection vials from the clamshell.
- Remove the coloured lids. It is important to keep the lids and vials together, as the correct lid will need to be put back onto the top of the correct vial.
- Position the vial you intend to fill into the groove on the clamshell (a diagram is provided in the At-Home Health MOT instruction sheet)
- Wash your hands in warm water for four minutes (40℃ is ideal) and dry them afterwards. You can also shake your hands for a few seconds at waist height to help encourage the required blood flow.
- Wipe your chosen finger (one of the middle three is best) with the alcohol wipe provided and allow it to air dry.
- Twist off the blue tab from the end of the lancet. Place the exposed hole of the lancet on your fingertip at a slight angle. Press the lancet against your finger and the blade will prick your finger and return inside the device. Gently apply pressure to the area around the cut and use the alcohol wipe to wipe away the first drop of blood.
- Next, fill the vials provided in the kit:
1. The yellow-topped vial needs to be filled as full as possible, ideally above the top of the label.
2. You should only half fill the purple-topped vial (if supplied with your kit). Place this vial at a slight angle to allow the blood to run down the side of the vial.
3. The vials must be inverted several times as soon as possible after filling to ensure the additive in the tube mixes with the blood.
- If you can’t get enough blood from your finger to properly fill a vial, then repeat the procedure with a different finger.
- After you’ve filled the vials, gently press the alcohol wipe onto the wound to stem the flow of blood. You can also use the plaster provided.
- Replace the correct lids onto the vials and apply the completed labels, making sure all the details are correct.
Returning your sample
- Pack the vials into the clamshell as originally provided and firmly close the lid.
- Pack the clamshell with the completed request form into the pre-paid envelope and seal it. Post the same day or following morning, ideally between Monday and Thursday.
You should receive your results via email within three to five working days after posting your sample. If you have any questions about your At-Home Health MOT please email [email protected] and our clinical team will get back to you as soon as possible.
In case of an urgent medical problem, please contact NHS 111 via 111.nhs.uk or by calling 111. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.