The fine print
Numan: Terms & Conditions
The Numan website is owned and operated by Vir Health Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 11449267 and registered office at 4-6 Canfield Place, London NW63BT. You can find our team working a stone's throw away from busy Harley Street at #2.03 411 Oxford Street, London, W1C2PE.
We’re at your disposal if you need any help or have any questions regarding our website. Simply drop an email to [email protected] or give us a call on 0808 169 9594.
Other applicable terms
In purchasing anything from us (medicines or other products), you will need to refer to our Terms of Sale.
Access to our website
In certain cases, we reserve the right to restrict access to certain parts of our website.
Your account information (login address, password, or any other piece of identifiable information) is strictly confidential and should not be shared with any third party. We reserve the right to disable your access to this site if we have reason to believe you have failed to comply with the provisions of these terms.
Our website is for your personal use. You agree not to use our website or the content of our website for any commercial or business purposes.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is hosted, or any server, computer or database connected to it. This is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we’ll have to report you to the relevant authority and disclose your identity. And of course, you’ll no longer be able to use our website.
We can’t accept responsibility for any damage or loss suffered because of a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your device, programs, data, or other proprietary material as a result of using our website, downloading any material posted on it, or using/downloading content from any website linked to it.
Any material which you contribute or upload to our Site must be true, accurate and correct, comply with applicable law and must not defame any person, be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person, be likely to deceive any person, breach any legal duty owed to a third party (such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence), impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
You shall not knowingly transmit any data that can be harmful to our website including, but not limited to, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keyloggers, spyware, and adware.
Linking to our website
We want to give everyone the tools to get the best healthcare, so the more people who know about us, the better. If you do want to tell your friends or family about Numan, or link to our website, please follow the guidelines below:
- We’re proud of our reputation and will take whatever steps are necessary to protect it.
- Please do not suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement by Numan if none exists.
- Please make sure you only include a link (not a frame) to the homepage of our website. There are strict regulations on promoting medication, so you can only talk about ourselves as an online health platform. Please don’t mention specific medications.
- If you’re unsure, please ask us before linking to our website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if it doesn’t meet our guidelines.
Links on our website
We sometimes link to other websites and mobile apps. These links are there for your information only and we have no control over their content. We can’t guarantee they are factually correct, nor can we accept any responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer as a result of their use.
Intellectual property rights
Everything that you see on our website is protected by copyright. Numan is either the owner or the licensee of the material published and of all the attached rights. All such rights are reserved, which means use of our website content is limited:
- You can print off one copy, and download extracts of any page(s) of our website for your personal reference only, but not for commercial reasons (for this, you’ll need a license from us or our licensors).
- Please don’t modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you’ve printed off or downloaded in any way. You are unable to use illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics without using the text that goes with them. Please always reference Numan or any other authors of materials on our website.
- If you are unable to meet these guidelines, we will ask you to stop using our website immediately and to either return or destroy any copies you’ve made of our materials.
Fear Nothing Blood Tests
All blood tests ordered through Numan consist of:
- Delivery of a Blood Test Kit produced by a third party laboratory that includes a pre-paid envelope for you to return the kit in, as well as instructions on how to take a blood sample.
- The test of the blood sample, which is carried out by a partner laboratory.
- Preparation of a report by a clinician containing your personalised results and benchmarks for healthy results against the metrics you have chosen to test against. Reports are prepared internally by Numan.
- Your results will be visible on your profile on the Numan website, and you will receive an email to your registered email account to notify you when they are available.
The blood testing process of the Blood Test Kit is carried out by a partner laboratory engaged by us. We reserve the right to change the laboratory from time to time without notice.
If results for more than two biomarkers cannot be provided or ascertained, we will send you a replacement Blood Test Kit at no further cost. In your second Blood Test Kit, if results for more than two biomarkers cannot be provided or ascertained, we offer a refund on the fee paid and advise that you visit your GP to perform the test.
As part of our Blood Testing Service, Numan may offer you a consultation with a doctor to discuss your results further, but we accept no obligation to do so.
If you have any questions about our Blood Testing Services, please email our Customer Care team at [email protected].
8.1 “The test is free if we don’t find anything.” promotion
Biomarker NameLDLReference Range<3.0Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameHDLReference RangeMale >1.1 Female >1.2Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameCholesterolReference Range0 - 5.0Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameTriglycerideReference Range<1.7(Fasting)Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameTotal Cholesterol/HDL RatioReference Range<4.0Units%Biomarker NameTotal ProteinReference Range60 - 80Unitsg/LBiomarker NameAlbuminReference Range35 - 50Unitsg/LBiomarker NameGlobulinReference Range19 - 35Unitsg/LBiomarker NameAlanine Aminotransferase (ALT)Reference RangeMale <50 Female <35UnitsU/LBiomarker NameAlkaline Phosphatase (ALP)Reference Range<130UnitsIU/LBiomarker NameGamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT)Reference RangeMale 8 - 61 Female 5 - 36UnitsU/LBiomarker NameBillrubinReference RangeMale <24 Female <21Unitsμmol/LBiomarker NameFerritinReference RangeMale 30 - 400 Female 13 - 150Unitsμg/LBiomarker NameIronReference Range5.8 - 34.5Unitsμmol/LBiomarker NameTransferrin SaturationReference Range20 - 50Units%Biomarker NameThyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)Reference Range0.27 - 4.20UnitsmU/LBiomarker NameFree Thyroxine (Free T4)Reference Range12.0 - 22.0Unitspmol/LBiomarker NameFree TestosteroneReference RangeMale 0.2 - 0.62 Female 0.003 - 0.03Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameTestosteroneReference RangeMale 18-50y 12.01 - 29, Male 50+ 12.01 - 25.7, Female 18-50y 0.29 - 1.67, Female 50+ 0.101 - 1.42Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameSHBGReference RangeMale 20-50y 18.3 - 54.1, Male 50+ 20.6 - 76.7, Female 20-50y 32.4 - 128, Female 50+ 27.1 - 128Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameFree Androgen IndexReference RangeMale 24 - 104 Female 0.2 - 7.1UnitsRatioBiomarker NameFolateReference Range8.83 - 60.8Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameHbA1cReference Range20 - <42 Non-diabetic, 42 - <48 Prediabetes, >= 48 Diabetes, 48 - 59 Good controlUnitsmmol/molBiomarker NameTotal B12Reference Range145 - 569Unitspmol/LBiomarker NameVitamin DReference RangeOptimal 75-200, Adequate 50-<75, Insufficient 25 -<50, Deficient <25Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameFerritinReference RangeMale 30 - 400 Female 13 - 150Unitsμg/LBiomarker NameFSHReference RangeMale 1.5 - 12.4, Female Follicular 3.5-12.5, Ovulation 4.7-21.5, Luteal 1.7-7.7, Postmenopause 25.8-134.8UnitsIU/LBiomarker NameSHBGReference RangeSee aboveUnitsnmol/LBiomarker NameUric AcidReference RangeMale 200 - 430 Female 140 - 360Unitsμmol/LBiomarker NameASTReference RangeMale <50 Female <35UnitsU/LBiomarker NameSodiumReference Range133 - 146Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameUreaReference Range2.5 - 7.8Unitsmmol/LBiomarker NameTotal T3Reference Range1.29 - 3.09Unitsnmol/LBiomarker NameTSH Recepter AntibodiesReference Range0 - 0.81UnitsIU/LBiomarker NameHaemoglobin (Hb)Reference RangeMale 130 - 170 Female 120 - 160Unitsg/LBiomarker NameWhite Blood Count (WBC)Reference Range3.0 - 10.0Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NamePlatelet Count (Plt)Reference Range150 - 400Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NameRed Cell Count (RBC)Reference Range4.40 - 5.80Unitsx10^12/LBiomarker NameHaematocrit (HCT)Reference Range0.390 - 0.500UnitsL/LBiomarker NameMean Cell Volume (MCV)Reference Range81 - 98UnitsflBiomarker NameMean Cell Hb concn (MCHC)Reference Range300 - 350Unitsg/LBiomarker NameNeutrophilsReference Range2.0 - 7.5Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NameLymphocytesReference Range1.2 - 3.65Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NameMonocytesReference Range0.2 - 1.0Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NameEosinophilsReference Range0 - 0.4Unitsx10^9/LBiomarker NameBasophilsReference Range0 - 0.1Unitsx10^9/L
- Claim a full refund within 90 days of purchasing your first Fear Nothing Blood Test Kit if no flags (as determined by our lab and listed in full below) are found on any tested biomarkers.
- Refunds will be processed using the original method of payment. If the original method of payment is not available, please get in contact with our Customer Care team at [email protected] to claim your refund.
- Claims can be made by instructions visible in your account.
- A flag occurs if a biomarker falls outside of “normal” ranges for your gender and age.
- Not applicable with other promotions.
- The promotion may end at any time.
- Full refunds under this promotion will continue to be offered to anyone who orders their first Fear Nothing Blood Test Kit before the promotion ends.
The content of the website may change, be updated or suspended. Therefore, we are unable to give you, and we exclude, all representations and warranties as to the accuracy and completeness of the information published on our website. Nor can we guarantee that the material is up to date or that every service and product will be available at all times, or indeed that the website itself will not be discontinued in the future.
We can't be held liable and you will not be entitled to any type of compensation or other payment if the website is discontinued, if any content is inaccurate, or if any of our services are changed.
If you aren't happy with the website, its content, or availability, your sole right and remedy is to stop using the website.
To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage of any nature, such as any business losses, whether direct, indirect or consequential, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill incurred by any user in connection with our website, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Restriction, Suspension and Termination
Jurisdiction and applicable law